Why You Should Celebrate Earth Day and Arbor Day!
Although Earth Day should be every day, the celebration is a once a year reminder of the importance of protecting our planet. There are plenty of reasons why you should celebrate Earth Day and many ways you can contribute to the health of our planet, one way is by planting a tree.
Earth Day Network is entering its 47th year, they want to plant over 7.8 million trees by its 50th Anniversary. A. R. Brouwer wants to be part of the goal. This year we encourage you to join us in the celebration by planting a tree. Here are just a few reasons why:
1. Trees help combat climate change.
- They absorb excess and harmful carbon dioxide from our atmosphere. In fact, in a single year, an acre of mature trees absorbs the same amount of carbon dioxide produced by driving the average car 26,000 miles.
2. Trees help us breathe clean air.
- Trees absorb odors and pollutant gases (nitrogen oxides, ammonia, sulfur dioxide and ozone) and filter particulates out of the air by trapping them on their leaves and bark.
3. Trees help communities.
- Trees help communities achieve long-term economic and environmental sustainability and provide food, energy and income.
A.R. Brouwer plants tens of thousands of dollars in trees annually as part of the construction process. We consider landscaping the finishing touch on construction and value its impact of our projects.
As part of A. R. Brouwer Company’s commitment to the community we are celebrating 2017 Earth Day and Arbor Day by donating and planting a tree at Wylie Elementary School in Dexter, Michigan.
Check with your local governing body to see how Earth Day and Arbor Day is being celebrated in your community. If you’re local to Washtenaw County, here are a few things happening in your neighborhood.
- Dexter is offering free tree seedlings on Arbor Day, April 28. Click here for details
- Celebrate Earth Day in Ann Arbor
- Earth Day Festival at Leslie Science Center
- Huron Hills Golf Course
- Make a donation to support trees: Earth Day Network or Arbor Day Foundation
- Sign up for our news and tips: http://www.arbrouwer.com/news-tips/
- Connect with us on social media: Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn